Created by admin on Wed, 02/15/2012 - 19:33
Feb 13 (Reuters) - Wheat export premiums at the U.S.
Gulf Coast held mostly steady on Monday, underpinned by good
export demand highlighted by the first soft red winter wheat
sale to top importer Egypt in nearly eight months, traders said.
* Egypt's government buyer GASC bought a 55,000-tonne cargo
of SRW on Saturday in a tender purchase that had broadly been
expected to favor U.S. wheat. Traders said the
price suggested shipment from the U.S. East Coast.
* Russian wheat exporters are gradually being priced out of
the export market, analysts and producers said.
* Outstanding international wheat tenders include Libya
seeking 63,000 tonnes, Iraq seeking at least
50,000 tonnes, and Syria seeking 100,000 tonnes
. Taiwan also seeking 85,250 tonnes U.S. wheat
via a tender.
* U.S. soybean export premiums at the Gulf Coast were steady
on Monday, underpinned by tight nearby supplies and moderate
near-term demand for U.S. soybeans, traders said.
* U.S. soybeans seen competitive with Brazilian new crop
prices for shipments through March, particularly for shipments
from the U.S. Pacific Northwest. Lighter-than-anticipated
supplies arriving at Brazil's ports underpinned export premiums
* Firm Brazilian real against the dollar limiting
farmer selling, which is also helping to support Brazilian
* Chinese trade delegation to sign "intent to purchase"
agreements on Wednesday in Des Moines. The delegation's visit
last year resulted in the largest-ever one-off U.S. soybean sale
* Corn export premiums at the U.S. Gulf Coast were mostly
steady on Monday. Offers for near-term shipments were scarce as
spot supplies of corn at the Gulf were very tight.
* Tight corn supplies in position near Gulf export terminals
sent basis bids for prompt barges higher on Monday as
short-bought shippers scrambled for supplies.
To check displays of FOB basis, click on following:
U.S. FOB Gulf corn
U.S. FOB Gulf soybeans
U.S. FOB Gulf SRW wheat
U.S. FOB Gulf HRW wheat
* FOB U.S. Gulf Grain
* U.S. grain export summary
* Brazil soybean export prices
* Brazil corn export prices
* Argentine grain prices
* Russian grain prices